Model 1909 army ambulance has tan canvas cover with a Red Cross on a white square background and white "U.S." on both sides. There are two metal "Red Cross" flags fastened to the front bow at the top. The five bows and front and rear center posts make up the framework that holds four stretches which hang from leather and metal spring straps. Only the two upper stretchers are present and below these, on the right side, is a fold down bench made of wooden slats. The canvas cover extends outward twelve inches and shelters the driver�s seat that is a leather cushion on top of a storage box which opens from the front and has a removable back rest. The foot board is wood with a metal rim which extends up and out from the board. There is a foot brake lever on the right side. The front fifth wheel axle has turn-under wheels and rests on 3 platform springs. Both axles are metal and all wheels have Archibald (metal) hubs. The front wheels are 37" in Diameter, have a 65" track, 2 and 3/4" iron tires, sixteen spokes and two felloes. The rear wheels rest on four platform springs, are 51" in Diameter, have a 64" track, 2 and 3/4" iron tires, sixteen spokes and two felloes. The wooden tail gate is 17" by 57 and 1/2" and fastens on each end with metal spring hooks and folds all the way down. The rear wooden step is attached with four metal supports. At the left, rear of the wagon, slung underneath is a metal water container with a spigot. This is held in place by a wooden box which can be removed. There are metal cleats on the outside of the box for holding lamps which are not present and others for holding the stretchers, while not in use.